Wednesday, March 11, 2009

This is what we've been up to...

Sorry this one is kinda blurry...yummmy, we love our food.







We take walks every chance that we get. Sometimes we go twice in one day. (I think I look like Octo-mom in this picture.)










We are on a pretty good routine now. We get up around 7 or 8, eat some rice cereal or oatmeal and then go back down for a nap from about 9 til 10:30. Then, we are back up and we play, run errands, take walk, play some more, eat/snack, until we just can't keep our eyes open any more at around 3ish and they are back down for a 2-3 hour nap. This is when I have "me" time. Sometimes I just sit and listen to music and other times I actually accomplish something like laundry, dishes, cleaning, but that all depends on how much sleep I had the night before. Yes, they are still waking up at night once and I don't sleep very well all night...I haven't really tried to Ferberize them yet because most of the time I catch up on sleep during the day. They turned 6 months on March 3. Sean weighed 14 lbs 14 oz. and Alexa weighed 14 lbs. 1 oz. He is 25 inches long and she is 24 inches long. They did really well with their shots this time. It was a lot easier on all of us. They are eating solids and boy do they love real food. Here are some 6 month pictures for comparison.





This is one of Alexa's favorite things to do...bath time!!! She smiles and giggles and talks the entire time.

Here is one of Sean's favorite things to do...he love to suck his toes...like I did when I was little.

They are finally starting to really interact. Today, Sean was shaking a toy that rattled and I caught Alexa laughing a deep belly laugh at him. He kept doing it and then would stop to hear her laugh and then do it again. He knew exactly what he was doing. It was sooooo cute. Of course I was not fast enough with the video camera to catch it. I need to work on that. Oh ya, and one more thing new this week. Sean says "uh oh." I know it sounds crazy but he did it like five times yesterday and it was all in context. Alexa had dropped her passy and he said it. Then later on, we were playing and I dropped a toy and he said it. So I dropped it on purpose three more time and he said it each time. My mother-in-law came over later and also heard him say it. Alexa, on more than one occasion said "hi." She will only do it if it is the first time she has seen someone in a while. For example, she only says it to me in the mornings. But she has said it to my mom when she comes to visit. I am constantly talking to these two all day long and I know they are picking up on things fast. They are at a very fun age. Greg and I are having a blast just being with them. We joke about how much fun we have on Friday nights and compare life to before. We wouldn't change anything and are enjoying our two sweet angels.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You do NOT look like the Octomom you dork!! You look great, miss you!